Even with technology connecting us, we seem to be traveling just as much as before. Over the last year I’ve travelled more than the prior three years combined.
It’s Summer vacation time and we’re in the middle of conference season that see many of us flying all over the country exhibiting our products and services, attending workshops, speaking, catching up with old friends and making new ones.
Few of us can be as efficient as George Clooney in Up in The Air, but here are a few purchases for under $9 that will make your trip relaxing and enjoyable.
1. TripIt (Free) – start with this app. There’s a free version which will satisfy most needs and a paid version whose primary feature is to keep track of your frequent flyer miles, a useful function.
2. Toothpaste ($1.29) – hotels will provide just about everything except this vital little tube. ALWAYS keep a travel size tube in your toiletry bag.
3. Sleep mask ($7.99) – Block out the light and get some sleep.
4. Downy Wrinkle Releaser ($2.89) – Smooth away wrinkles and reduces static cling with this tiny spray tube.
5. Umbrella ($8.99) – Don’t get stuck in the rain. Be prepared with a mini travel umbrella.
6. First Aid Kit ($6.59) – You may not need an entire kit but keep one handy and pull a few items from it for the trip.
7. Essential Travel Checklist app ($1.99) – We almost always forget to pack something. Create a checklist which you can hone over time and remove the worry with this app.
8. Earplugs ($6.49) – If you want to relax during the noisy plane, bus or train ride, get some airplugs.
9. Calling card ($5) – For international travelers, roaming charges can be very steep. Instead get a calling card from your local bodega or drugstore for emergencies and to keep in touch with folks back home.
Together, these items will take up very little space in your suitcase and will make your trips more productive and enjoyable.Tweet
Print This Post