During a presentation last week, a couple of non-Mac lawyers asked if we had an Android version of Great Sites For Mac Loving Lawyers. We didn’t…until now.
After a bit of research, and with helpful suggestions from a few Android devotees, we compiled a list of six useful sites for Android lawyers:
1. The Droid Lawyer – It all starts with this very useful site authored by Droid Lawyer, Jeffrey Taylor, who’s been offering great tips and tricks since February 2011 for lawyers who use Android devices in their law practice. Subscribe to the RSS feed or email. You’ll be glad you did.
2. Android Authority – Covers the latest Android news, Android phone reviews, Android tablet reviews, how-to’s, and other news related to the world of Android. Check out their post on Best Android apps for lawyers (2012).
3. Android Applications for Lawyers, Law Faculty and Law Students – The good folks at the University of Wisconsin Law Library have compiled a great list of Android apps for legal professionals. Categories include Legal Research, Legal Professional, Law School, and Productivity.
4. Android Central – Android enthusiasts, tinkerers, bloggers and journalists host a great Android community which includes a blog, forums, news and reviews.
5. Google Android LinkedIn Group – This vibrant group is for users and developers working with Android. It’s independent from Google. Members discuss everything from startups, job announcements, coding issues, industry developments through to handset and devices.
6. Android Academy – “We just love Android!” – This is how the creators of this site introduce themselves, and their passion is evident all over the site which includes forums, news, and tutorials.
Any others? Please share in the comments below.