Now that we’ve covered parts of speech in the title, let’s move on to explore some of the top blogs that consistently deliver useful tips, guides and resources for bloggers.
1. ProBlogger – Started by Darren Rowse in 2004, this top site offers advice on creating a successful blog, including blog design, writing content and SEO. The site also hosts a forum, workbooks and a jobs board for bloggers.
2. Copyblogger – Everything you need to know about creating content, copywriting, SEO and internet marketing. Check out their e-books, seminars and webinars.
3. Bloggingtips.com – This site aims to be a community for bloggers, writers and readers to connect. The team of writers offers blogging advice, guides and resources.
4. DailyBlogTips – Covers blogging basics, design, SEO and internet marketing. Check out useful sister site, DailyWritingTips for daily tips on grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. This is one of my favorite sites.
5. Basic Blog Tips – Ileane offers blogging tutorials, including podcasts and scores of YouTube videos.
6. For Bloggers by Bloggers – A roster of top, passionate bloggers offers advice on how to create, sustain and grow a blog.
7. Michelle Shaeffer – Michelle shares her experience – both good and bad – as a successful blogger. Her tag line, Building your visibility, voice and community online, says it all.
8. WPBeginner – If you’re using WordPress as the platform for your blog, this is a great resource. The blog provides tips, tricks, hacks, and other resources for the WordPress community. Check out bobwp and Lorelle on WordPress, also.
9. Moz.com – If you want to go beyond the basic WordPress installation and get advice on how to super-optimize your blog, check out Moz (formerly, SEOMoz).
10. Legal Bloggers – Though they occasionally offer blogging tips, this is less about that and more about lawyers blogging with passion. Three of my favorites are legal blogging veterans Kevin O’Keefe (Real Lawyers Have Blogs), Carolyn Elefant (MyShingle) and Lee Rosen (Divorce Discourse – don’t let the title fool you – this blog is all about practical, insightful advice on running and growing a law practice).
Subscribe to RSS feeds or get updates via email to a few of these blogs and you’ll be well on your way to better blogging. If you wish to add other useful blogs about blogging, please submit in comments below. Thanks.